Question about keyboard key detection, need help

alkalsa

Happy 2007 all... :)

I am looking for a way in JavaScript in IE 7.0 only, to have it detect
the Backspace key on the keyboard.

So like,

<script>

if backSpaceKeyPressed {

do stuff....

}

</script>

I can't seem to get this to work. Can someone please help me?

AnGie%

Bart Van der Donck

I am looking for a way in JavaScript in IE 7.0 only, to have it detect
the Backspace key on the keyboard.
So like,
<script>
if backSpaceKeyPressed {
do stuff....
}
</script>

I can't seem to get this to work. Can someone please help me?

msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onkeypress.asp
msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/body.asp

backspace'); return false; }" onload="self.focus()">

Three remarks:

- focus needs to be in browser page (that's why I added the
onLoad-event)
- 'return false' is to prevent 'Go to previous page' (history back)
- MSIE proprietary

Hope this helps,

-Lost

Bart Van der Donck said:
msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onkeypress.asp
msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/body.asp

backspace'); return false; }" onload="self.focus()">

Three remarks:

- focus needs to be in browser page (that's why I added the
onLoad-event)
- 'return false' is to prevent 'Go to previous page' (history back)
- MSIE proprietary

No it is not. However, only onkeydown and onkeyup is reliable as the keyCode is always
set in those events.

-Lost