question about URL

Kevin

hi guys,
I typed in C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg on the IE address text box, but it doesn't load the image in my local drive.
do you know what is the proper format to load C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg from hard drive using IE URL?

Juan T. Llibre

file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg

hi guys,
I typed in C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg on the IE address text box, but it doesn't load
the image in my local drive.
do you know what is the proper format to load C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg from hard drive using IE
URL?

Peter Rilling

Try adding file:/// protocol to the beginning of the URL.

hi guys,
I typed in C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg on the IE address text box, but it
doesn't load the image in my local drive.
do you know what is the proper format to load C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg from hard
drive using IE URL?

Kevin

I don't think it shows on aspx page . why is that?

aspx file

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"></asp:Image>

code behind

Image1.ImageUrl=@'file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg";

Peter Rilling

Why would you do this? This is saying that all people who view your site
will have the file on their local machine. If they do not, the image will
not appear. If this file is on the server, it has to be under some website
folder for it to be available.

I don't think it shows on aspx page . why is that?

aspx file

<asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"></asp:Image>

code behind

Image1.ImageUrl=@'file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg";

Kevin

i just wondering...
Because even if I do have file on my local machine, it still didn't show up
on aspx page.

But if I type in file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg in url.
then it works.

Peter Rilling

Should.

Unless that is a security thing with IE where a page from the internet
cannot interact with local files.

Don't know.