    hi guys,
    I typed in C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg on the IE address text box, but it doesn't load the image in my local drive.
    do you know what is the proper format to load C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg from hard drive using IE URL?

    Kevin, Sep 23, 2005

  2. file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Espa?ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    ======================================

    Peter Rilling, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    I don't think it shows on aspx page . why is that?

    aspx file

    <asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"></asp:Image>

    code behind

    Image1.ImageUrl=@'file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg";

    Kevin, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Why would you do this? This is saying that all people who view your site
    will have the file on their local machine. If they do not, the image will
    not appear. If this file is on the server, it has to be under some website
    folder for it to be available.

    Peter Rilling, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    i just wondering...
    Because even if I do have file on my local machine, it still didn't show up
    on aspx page.

    But if I type in file:///C:/UPLOAD/main.jpg in url.
    then it works.

    Kevin, Sep 23, 2005
  7. Should.

    Unless that is a security thing with IE where a page from the internet
    cannot interact with local files.

    Don't know.

    Peter Rilling, Sep 23, 2005