question: new in Opera 9 - Esc behavior - any solution?

Paul Gorodyansky

Hi,

In my "online text editor" I used Esc event to do some things -
using OnKeyDown().

Works fine in IE, Mozilla/Firefox, Opera 8.

But in Opera 9 - as its standard_keyboard.ini says - in a text input
field Esc now (new feature) _removes focus_ from the input area
(and also does "Deselect all" before that).

Is it any way to cancel that "standard Opera 9 behavior"?

Even if I am not going to use Esc for my own purposes, I'd still
want to avoid having such Esc behavior when a user works with my
editor...