Question on vector at()

James Kanze

Strange; I can't ever recall Firefox crashing on me, probably
over several years. I run Gentoo at home, RHEL at work (both
on x86_64) and several versions of Firefox, 64-bit and 32-bit,
pre-built and self-built.

Version 2.0.0.12, everywhere, I think. The situation at work is
a bit special: it's a 32 bit version running under RedHat Linux
(a 2.6.something) on a high end PC, but it's connecting to an X
server on a very old and very slow Sparc. And it crashes rather
regularly with Google groups. At home, it's SuSE (a 2.6 kernel
too) on a 64 bit AMD, and the 64 bit Firefox delivered with the
OS seemed to crash systematically every time I tried a print
preview. I've since switched to a downloaded 32 bit version
(because of the availability of plugins), and haven't tried
print preview since, (before I upgraded to the SuSE system).

Globally, of course, the crashes really don't say much for
Firefox's reliability, except that the ones at work could easily
be in the X library code, and the problem on SuSE could be some
quirk in their build.

Also, of course, Google groups may be a very nice service, for
those who don't have access otherwise, but they really should
clean up the HTML they send.