    It is allright in firefox and IE but in Opera is putted on the content
    table, i don't get why! ?

    the site is www.trnje.hr

    mogwaii, Dec 2, 2010

  2. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    http://www.trnje.hr/

    mogwaii, Dec 2, 2010

  3. mogwaii

    Mike Duffy Guest

    Mike Duffy, Dec 2, 2010
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    writing in news:1ca4ae40-21d6-4cf2-8940-bd7c9b106500
    @v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

    > On 2 pro, 09:54, mogwaii <> wrote:
    >> The image is on the left side under the "post it" image.
    >> It is allright in firefox and IE but in Opera is putted on the content
    >> table, i don't get why! ?
    >>
    >> the site iswww.trnje.hr

    > http://www.trnje.hr/

    There are 39 markup errors and 2 markup warnings:
    [http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/]

    There are numberous CSS errors as well:
    [http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/
    &warning=1&profile=css2]

    Is the background color of the page supposed to be white? It's not on my
    system because I don't use the standard windows background - I use pale
    blue, so the white elements stick out. You might want to think about
    declaring a background color for the body element in your CSS, while
    you're fixing that along with all the other errors.

    Opera 11, Windows 7.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 2, 2010
  5. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    On 2 pro, 16:24, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    > writing in news:1ca4ae40-21d6-4cf2-8940-bd7c9b106500
    > @v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > On 2 pro, 09:54, mogwaii <> wrote:
    > >> The image is on the left side under the "post it" image.
    > >> It is allright in firefox and IE but in Opera is putted on the content
    > >> table, i don't get why! ?

    > >> the site iswww.trnje.hr

    > >http://www.trnje.hr/

    > There are 39 markup errors and 2 markup warnings:
    > [http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/]
    >
    > There are numberous CSS errors as well:
    > [http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/
    > &warning=1&profile=css2]
    >
    > Is the background color of the page supposed to be white?  It's not on my
    > system because I don't use the standard windows background - I use pale
    > blue, so the white elements stick out.  You might want to think about
    > declaring a background color for the body element in your CSS, while
    > you're fixing that along with all the other errors.
    >
    > Opera 11, Windows 7.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Thanks,
    nothing new.
    i Did left that on purposely for two-three reasons, two of them which
    are for long analyzing and the third reason is that marquee tool just
    can't get bypassed in this version of scrolling without markup errors
    in html coding. Though, sorry for that Girl. It can be perfect but
    that's rare.
    This is more like an offtopic as i didn't tried to get people
    understood me quite well, i left things to other to work on if they
    simply care a bit.
    Every gives a bit and You have a lot of ....data, a full fridge of
    groceries. yeah :)

    I'm convinced it could be perfect but still, i do not have the
    possibilities right now for perfectionism as i just now was repairing
    my bicycle.

    Could You give a screenshot prt sc of win7 and your background on
    email please ?

    my much beloved!

    mogwaii, Dec 2, 2010
  6. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    @Duffy

    I doubt works in .css will do a bit of a change as i have always had
    problems with opera...more or less....firefox and IE are more like
    twin brothers.

    thanks,

    mogwaii, Dec 2, 2010
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    writing in

    > On 2 pro, 16:24, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    >> writing in news:1ca4ae40-21d6-4cf2-8940-bd7c9b106500
    >> @v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

    >> >http://www.trnje.hr/

    >> There are 39 markup errors and 2 markup warnings:
    >> [http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/]
    >>
    >> There are numberous CSS errors as well:
    >> [http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/
    >> &warning=1&profile=css2]
    >>
    >> Is the background color of the page supposed to be white?  It's not
    >> on

    > my
    >> system because I don't use the standard windows background - I use
    >> pale blue, so the white elements stick out.  You might want to think
    >> about declaring a background color for the body element in your CSS,
    >> while you're fixing that along with all the other errors.
    >>
    >> Opera 11, Windows 7.
    >>

    > Thanks,
    > nothing new.
    > i Did left that on purposely for two-three reasons, two of them which
    > are for long analyzing and the third reason is that marquee tool just
    > can't get bypassed in this version of scrolling without markup errors
    > in html coding. Though, sorry for that Girl. It can be perfect but
    > that's rare.

    The first thing to do when a page is not rendering the way you expect it
    to is to fix any markup or CSS errors. Then you can eliminate errors as
    being the cause of the problem, and play around with it until it renders
    the way you expect it to.

    > This is more like an offtopic as i didn't tried to get people
    > understood me quite well, i left things to other to work on if they
    > simply care a bit.
    > Every gives a bit and You have a lot of ....data, a full fridge of
    > groceries. yeah :)
    >
    > I'm convinced it could be perfect but still, i do not have the
    > possibilities right now for perfectionism as i just now was repairing
    > my bicycle.
    >
    > Could You give a screenshot prt sc of win7 and your background on
    > email please ?

    Not by email. I am posting a URL, however, so others can share.
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/usenet/trnje_hr.jpg

    > my much beloved!

    Well, thank you, that's very nice.

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 2, 2010
  8. Re: Question: why do Opera browser parse this image not like IE andFIrefox?

    På Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:09:45 +0100, skrev mogwaii <>:

    > On 2 pro, 09:54, mogwaii <> wrote:
    >> The image is on the left side under the "post it" image.
    >> It is allright in firefox and IE but in Opera is putted on the content
    >> table, i don't get why! ?
    >>
    >> the site iswww.trnje.hr

    > http://www.trnje.hr/

    Most browsers place that part of the content "on top" of the left-hand
    table, and some "only" do it when the browser window is resized to a low
    enough width (best guess by eye measuring it, I'd say about 1000 pixels
    wide). Here are screenshots using all browsers I have installed on my
    system:
    http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_opera10.jpg
    http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_chrome7.jpg
    http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_firefox36.jpg
    http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_ie8.jpg
    http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_safari5.jpg

    A casual look using Opera's element inspector (Dragonfly) tells me the
    left-hand image is placed using absolute positioning. Giving it a negative
    positioning value (your "left" property is set to -14px) is not a stable
    method, and can easily affect your other content.

    If your goal is to place that image to the left of your content anyway
    (and the image is not meant to cover, or to be covered by, other content),
    I'd do this differently.

    But as others have said, you may want to run your site through the
    validators to find potential (other) problems with your code.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    Kim André Akerø, Dec 2, 2010
  9. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    On 2 pro, 17:53, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    > writing innews::
    >

    > > On 2 pro, 16:24, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed mogwaii <>
    > >> writing in news:1ca4ae40-21d6-4cf2-8940-bd7c9b106500
    > >> @v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

    > >> There are 39 markup errors and 2 markup warnings:
    > >> [http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/]

    > >> There are numberous CSS errors as well:
    > >> [http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.trnje.hr/
    > >> &warning=1&profile=css2]

    > >> Is the background color of the page supposed to be white? It's not
    > >> on

    > > my
    > >> system because I don't use the standard windows background - I use
    > >> pale blue, so the white elements stick out. You might want to think
    > >> about declaring a background color for the body element in your CSS,
    > >> while you're fixing that along with all the other errors.

    > >> Opera 11, Windows 7.

    > > Thanks,
    > > nothing new.
    > > i Did left that on purposely for two-three reasons, two of them which
    > > are for long analyzing and the third reason is that marquee tool just
    > > can't get bypassed in this version of scrolling without markup errors
    > > in html coding. Though, sorry for that Girl. It can be perfect but
    > > that's rare.

    > The first thing to do when a page is not rendering the way you expect it
    > to is to fix any markup or CSS errors. Then you can eliminate errors as
    > being the cause of the problem, and play around with it until it renders
    > the way you expect it to.
    >
    > > This is more like an offtopic as i didn't tried to get people
    > > understood me quite well, i left things to other to work on if they
    > > simply care a bit.
    > > Every gives a bit and You have a lot of ....data, a full fridge of
    > > groceries. yeah :)

    > > I'm convinced it could be perfect but still, i do not have the
    > > possibilities right now for perfectionism as i just now was repairing
    > > my bicycle.

    > > Could You give a screenshot prt sc of win7 and your background on
    > > email please ?

    > Not by email.  I am posting a URL, however, so others can share.http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/usenet/trnje_hr.jpg
    >

    > > my much beloved!

    > Well, thank you, that's very nice.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    > Please respond to the group so others can share- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prikaži citirani tekst -

    hi folks, ,,, i fixed some of the problems, now only 18 errors left as
    html coding concerns.
    It is mostly part of Marquee tool which i don't know to arrange
    without erorrs...

    As for .css i have added:
    body {
    color: white;
    }
    in main .css file, so perhaps now is super?

    mogwaii, Dec 5, 2010
  10. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    On 3 pro, 00:14, Kim André Akerø <> wrote:
    > På Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:09:45 +0100, skrev mogwaii <>:
    >
    > > On 2 pro, 09:54, mogwaii <> wrote:
    > >> The image is on the left side under the "post it" image.
    > >> It is allright in firefox and IE but in Opera is putted on the content
    > >> table, i don't get why! ?

    > >> the site iswww.trnje.hr

    > >http://www.trnje.hr/

    > Most browsers place that part of the content "on top" of the left-hand
    > table, and some "only" do it when the browser window is resized to a low
    > enough width (best guess by eye measuring it, I'd say about 1000 pixels
    > wide). Here are screenshots using all browsers I have installed on my
    > system:http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/...ture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_safari5.jpg
    >
    > A casual look using Opera's element inspector (Dragonfly) tells me the
    > left-hand image is placed using absolute positioning. Giving it a negative
    > positioning value (your "left" property is set to -14px) is not a stable
    > method, and can easily affect your other content.
    >
    > If your goal is to place that image to the left of your content anyway
    > (and the image is not meant to cover, or to be covered by, other content),
    > I'd do this differently.
    >
    > But as others have said, you may want to run your site through the
    > validators to find potential (other) problems with your code.
    >
    > --
    > Kim André Akerø
    > -
    > (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

    hi @Andre !

    How would you do it so that image is standing firmly at left side of
    the screen in most browsers ?

    i fixed as much html coding errors as i know to solve, others are part
    of marquee tool coding form.

    mogwaii, Dec 5, 2010
  11. Re: Question: why do Opera browser parse this image not like IE andFIrefox?

    mogwaii wrote:
    > hi folks, ,,, i fixed some of the problems, now only 18 errors left as
    > html coding concerns.
    > It is mostly part of Marquee tool which i don't know to arrange
    > without erorrs...

    Marquee tool? Do you mean the Marquee element <marquee></marquee>, if so
    you won't that is a Microsoft hideous creation/

    > As for .css i have added:
    > body {
    > color: white;
    > }

    IIRC what is not the *background* color that you want white? That rule
    sets the *foreground* or the color of the text. It looks like you need
    to learn a little about the basics first, look at the tutorials at
    htmldog.com. Far better than the code-monkey route.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 5, 2010
  12. On 5 pro, 08:08, mogwaii <> wrote:
    > On 3 pro, 00:14, Kim André Akerø <> wrote:
    >

    > > PÃ¥ Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:09:45 +0100, skrev mogwaii <>:

    > > >http://www.trnje.hr/

    > > Most browsers place that part of the content "on top" of the left-hand
    > > table, and some "only" do it when the browser window is resized to a low
    > > enough width (best guess by eye measuring it, I'd say about 1000 pixels
    > > wide). Here are screenshots using all browsers I have installed on my
    > > system:http://capture.kimandre.com/usenet/trnje_hr_opera10.jpghttp://capture...

    > > A casual look using Opera's element inspector (Dragonfly) tells me the
    > > left-hand image is placed using absolute positioning. Giving it a negative
    > > positioning value (your "left" property is set to -14px) is not a stable
    > > method, and can easily affect your other content.

    > > If your goal is to place that image to the left of your content anyway
    > > (and the image is not meant to cover, or to be covered by, other content),
    > > I'd do this differently.

    > > But as others have said, you may want to run your site through the
    > > validators to find potential (other) problems with your code.

    > > --
    > > Kim André Akerø
    > > -
    > > (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

    > hi @Andre !
    >
    > How would you do it so that image is standing firmly at left side of
    > the screen in most browsers ?
    >
    > i fixed as much html coding errors as i know to solve, others are part
    > of marquee tool coding form.- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prikaži citirani tekst -

    i have tried making a new table with image in it, but i haven't
    succedd, it still showed but on the right side and it is transparent.
    I like transparent for this picture.

    Still trying to make it onthe left side outside the table and that is
    compatible in most affiremed browsers.

    Transparent solution and non-clickable solution would be a really
    really great thing to do. so that is possible to click on the table
    through img, is that possible to do with css/html just ?

    thanks.

    moja kolekcija, Dec 5, 2010
  13. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    i have tried making a new table with image in it, but i haven't
    succeeded, it still showed up but on the right side and it is
    transparent.
    I like transparent option for this image, moreover it was clickable.

    Still trying to make it on the left side outside the table and that
    is
    compatible in most affirmed browsers.

    Maybe my only solution is not to put this image on the webpage,
    although i thought that would be great
    There are three options which i'm now looking to use...

    1. to try to adjust it over the table next to table sloution, but i
    tried that and the second table(main table with content )which goes
    down although it has float:left; attribute so as first table has it
    also)

    2. mix of css-html with or without transparency...

    3. flash posssibility with close option ....

    I would like to do it with 1. option but don't wan't to go into
    complexities ...

    anybody HALLLLOOOOO?

    HO-HO-HO

    mogwaii, Dec 5, 2010
  14. Re: Question: why do Opera browser parse this image not like IE andFIrefox?

    mogwaii wrote:
    > i have tried making a new table with image in it, but i haven't
    > succeeded, it still showed up but on the right side and it is
    > transparent.
    > I like transparent option for this image, moreover it was clickable.
    >
    > Still trying to make it on the left side outside the table and that
    > is
    > compatible in most affirmed browsers.
    >

    > Maybe my only solution is not to put this image on the webpage,
    > although i thought that would be great
    > There are three options which i'm now looking to use...
    >
    > 1. to try to adjust it over the table next to table sloution, but i
    > tried that and the second table(main table with content )which goes
    > down although it has float:left; attribute so as first table has it
    > also)
    >

    > 2. mix of css-html with or without transparency...
    >
    > 3. flash posssibility with close option ....
    >

    > I would like to do it with 1. option but don't wan't to go into
    > complexities ...
    >

    > anybody HALLLLOOOOO?

    Are you referring to http://www.trnje.hr/? What table? What
    transparency? What code?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 5, 2010
  15. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    On 5 pro, 17:51, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > mogwaii wrote:
    > > i have tried making a new table with image in it, but i haven't
    > > succeeded, it still showed up but on the right side and it is
    > > transparent.
    > > I like transparent option for this image, moreover it was clickable.

    > > Still trying to make it on the left side outside the table and that
    > > is
    > > compatible in most affirmed browsers.

    > > Maybe my only solution is not to put this image on the webpage,
    > > although i thought that would be great
    > > There are three options which i'm now looking to use...

    > > 1. to try to adjust it over the table next to table sloution, but i
    > > tried that and the second table(main table with content )which goes
    > > down although it has float:left; attribute so as first table has it
    > > also)

    > > 2. mix of css-html with or without transparency...

    > > 3. flash posssibility with close option ....

    > > I would like to do it with 1. option but don't wan't to go into
    > > complexities ...

    > > anybody HALLLLOOOOO?

    > Are you referring tohttp://www.trnje.hr/?What table? What
    > transparency? What code?