Question with Templates debugging in VC++ 6.0

Param

Hi

I would be greatful if someone can get me the solution for this
question...

I have a template class and i have seperated the definition and declaration
in a seperate .h and .cpp file which compiles in a dll.
Now my problem is that i am unable to see the value in the watch window for
the Object . I was able to do the same when i was having the implementation
in a .h file .

Also i have a slight idea that it has got to do something the AutoExp.bat
file in VC.
But i am unable to figure out this...

Thanks in advance
Param

Gianni Mariani

Param said:
Hi

I would be greatful if someone can get me the solution for this
question...

I have a template class and i have seperated the definition and declaration
in a seperate .h and .cpp file which compiles in a dll.
Now my problem is that i am unable to see the value in the watch window for
the Object . I was able to do the same when i was having the implementation
in a .h file .

Also i have a slight idea that it has got to do something the AutoExp.bat
file in VC.
But i am unable to figure out this...

Without some code or some error messages etc, answering this will
require a cystal ball. comp.land.c++ is fresh out of crysral balls, we
ran out earlier today.

Post some example compiling code ...

My guess would be that you'd be better off placing all the template
stuff BACK into the header file instead of the cpp file.

Kevin Goodsell

Param said:
Hi

I would be greatful if someone can get me the solution for this
question...

I have a template class and i have seperated the definition and declaration
in a seperate .h and .cpp file which compiles in a dll.
Now my problem is that i am unable to see the value in the watch window for
the Object . I was able to do the same when i was having the implementation
in a .h file .

Also i have a slight idea that it has got to do something the AutoExp.bat
file in VC.
But i am unable to figure out this...

The solution to your problem can be found here:

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin