Questions about ruby under AIX

Victor Reyes

1) Have anyone out there compiled ruby under AIX 5.2? If so, which
version of ruby? I am having heck of time trying to do just that.

2) Once I compile ruby under AIX 5.2, could I copy the entire path to
other AIX 5.2 systems without having to re-compile on the new host?

Thank you

Edwin Eyan Moragas

2) Once I compile ruby under AIX 5.2, could I copy the entire path to
other AIX 5.2 systems without having to re-compile on the new host?
this is more of a *nix Q. i usually do this for similarly configured hosts.
after doing 'make', just tar your source dir. untar at any place in
another host
and do 'make install'.

it may solve your problems. i'm sure i overlooked something if
your hosts don;t have similar configs.

stp
edwin
--
Edwin Eyan Moragas
Main Expectorant

haaktu technologies
spewing spit since '73

Robert Nesius

this is more of a *nix Q. i usually do this for similarly configured
hosts.
after doing 'make', just tar your source dir. untar at any place in
another host
and do 'make install'.

Most AIX 4.3.x binaries run on AIX 5.1 and 5.2, though when sharing
binaries amongst a mix of OS revisions within a family, it's best
to build on the oldest one for forward compatibility. As for
sharing the binaries, I'd just install into an NFS filesystem
and mount that filesystem on all of your machines. One one
make/make-install process that way.
it may solve your problems. i'm sure i overlooked something if
your hosts don;t have similar configs.

-Rob