questions about SELECT element

datactrl

Hi, all

I have a popup menu on a web page. When I click the menu on the page, the
submenu will pop up. And it will be on the top of whatever elements it
covers except "SELECT" element which is on the top of the pop up submenu. I
found SELECT is not available to specify z-index. So is there any work
around to solve solve this problem? Thank in advance.

jack

kaeli

Kien

datactrl said:
Hi, all

I have a popup menu on a web page. When I click the menu on the page, the
submenu will pop up. And it will be on the top of whatever elements it
covers except "SELECT" element which is on the top of the pop up submenu. I
found SELECT is not available to specify z-index. So is there any work
around to solve solve this problem? Thank in advance.

jack
Hi,
You can't cover the select list with anything.
It's one of those "features".
Kien

Matt Kruse

Kien said:
You can't cover the select list with anything.
It's one of those "features".

That's not true. IFRAME objects cover up select lists.
Inserting a blank IFRAME object which is sized to 100% and placed behind
your actual content is a great solution to make sure your objects show over
top of select lists.