    found SELECT is not available to specify z-index. So is there any work
    around to solve solve this problem? Thank in advance.

    jack
    datactrl, Jun 10, 2004

  2. datactrl

    kaeli Guest

    In article <40c7b5b1$>, enlightened
    us with...
    > Hi, all
    >
    > I have a popup menu on a web page. When I click the menu on the page, the
    > submenu will pop up. And it will be on the top of whatever elements it
    > covers except "SELECT" element which is on the top of the pop up submenu. I
    > found SELECT is not available to specify z-index. So is there any work
    > around to solve solve this problem? Thank in advance.

    http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1068/fid/128

    ~kaeli~
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Jun 10, 2004

  3. datactrl

    Kien Guest

    datactrl wrote:

    > Hi, all
    >
    > I have a popup menu on a web page. When I click the menu on the page, the
    > submenu will pop up. And it will be on the top of whatever elements it
    > covers except "SELECT" element which is on the top of the pop up submenu. I
    > found SELECT is not available to specify z-index. So is there any work
    > around to solve solve this problem? Thank in advance.
    >

    > jack

    Hi,
    You can't cover the select list with anything.
    It's one of those "features".
    Kien
    Kien, Jun 10, 2004
  4. datactrl

    Matt Kruse Guest

    Kien wrote:
    > You can't cover the select list with anything.
    > It's one of those "features".

    That's not true. IFRAME objects cover up select lists.
    Inserting a blank IFRAME object which is sized to 100% and placed behind
    your actual content is a great solution to make sure your objects show over
    top of select lists.

    --
    Matt Kruse
    Javascript Toolbox: http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/