quick newbie question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rich Bashaw, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. Rich Bashaw

    Rich Bashaw Guest

    Hey all,

    I am working on my first VB asp.net web application and I am looking for
    some advice on the best way to implement a certain feature. I have a web form
    that dumps into a SQL database. I have this part all setup and working fine.
    This form is to request network access for my company's consultants and
    subcontractors. There is an approval process that we need to follow. What I
    would like to do is have the approvers go to a web page that shows all the
    pending requests. Once there, I want them to click a button or link that will
    allow them to fill out only specific fields in the database that are tied to
    that record. the database has fields like, first name, last name, department,
    etc. and the approvers would fill out things like start date, end date, PO
    Number.

    So, would a formview be the best thing to use for these specific fields? Not
    looking for exact code, just some advice on which data features are best
    suited for this kind of thing. I am already using several AJAX components
    which I love. So if there is an AJAX extension that fits the bill, let me
    know.

    I am having a lot of fun so far! I have only really done scripting previously.

    Rich Bashaw, Nov 20, 2007