RADRails and Ruby 1.8.4 RC1 for Windows debugger problem

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by john peter, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. john peter

    john peter Guest

    --0-1597279020-1144176389=:58522

    i'm using RADRails 0.61 on Windows XP for both Rails and plain Ruby codin=
    g.
    In my first plain ruby code debugging session, i encountered the followin=
    g problem:

    ruby 1.8.4 debugger listens on port 2385

    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual =
    way.

    the code i was trying to practice debugging on is shown below.=20

    def one(arg)
    puts "arg =3D #{arg}"
    if block_given?
    "block given to 'one' returns #{yield}"
    else
    arg
    end
    end

    def two
    if block_given?
    "block given to 'two' returns #{yield}"
    end
    end

    result1 =3D one two {
    "three"
    } =20

    result2 =3D one two do
    "three"
    end

    puts "With braces, result =3D #{result1}"
    puts "With do/end, result =3D #{result2}"

    =09
    How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger=92s low PC-to-Phone call =
    rates.
    --0-1597279020-1144176389=:58522--
    john peter, Apr 4, 2006