rails fastcgi error: terminated by calling exit with status '0'

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Tiggerius, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. Tiggerius

    Tiggerius Guest

    I'm able to get the depot demo rails app to work in cgi.
    when I try to use mod_fastcgi, the browser hangs for about a minute,
    then display "application error", and i get following error in apache2
    error log:

    [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
    "/var/www/html/proj/public/dispatch.fcgi" (pid 3834) terminated by
    calling exit with status '0'
    [Fri Oct 14 13:04:07 2005] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
    "/var/www/html/proj/public/dispatch.fcgi" restarted (pid 3835)

    Set-Cookie: _session_id=678c4163709bfa83ee4be188e502be84; path=/

    Cache-Control: no-cache

    <head>
    <title>Action Controller: Exception caught</title>
    body { background-color: #fff; color: #333; }

    body, p, ol, ul, td {
    font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    line-height: 18px;
    }

    pre {
    background-color: #eee;
    padding: 10px;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

    a { color: #000; }
    a:visited { color: #666; }
    a:hover { color: #fff; background-color:#000; }
    </head>

    <h1>Routing Error</h1>

    Tiggerius, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Tiggerius

    Dave Burt Guest

    Tiggerius:
    > <h1>Routing Error</h1>

    1) Try the Rails list - they're more helpful about Rails stuff that we
    Rubyists.

    2) Search the Rails wiki - it's got a fair bit of info around. Google also
    finds support tickets from TextDrive and other helpful stuff like that.

    3) It might be a routing error. Check your routes in config/routes.rb. Check
    your web server's pointing in the right direction for that URL (i.e. at
    dispatch.fcgi). Check the Rails logs - fastcgi.crash.log in particular. You
    can try running dispatch.fcgi without the web server, and try putting simple
    dummy code in dispatch.fcgi.

    Cheers,
    Dave
    Dave Burt, Oct 15, 2005