Rails for ETL

David Rush

Hello there,

I am still climbing the learning curve on both Ruby and Rails, so I
will popstulate that I may be missing something fairly simple, but I
have a lovely ETL program that I was using to generate some test XML
from several (merged) data sources, and have added code which I think
should be able to use ActiveRecord to actually insert rows into my DB
(saving one big-honking intermediate file along the way :)

Trouble is, I can't figure out how to get the ETL program to run and
load the correct infrastructure for ActiveRecord. Do es anybody have
any quick pointers - or possibly something I am missing? (After all it
is past 2AM locally...)

Thank you for allowing this interruption.

david rush