Random Server Errors

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Flurry, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. Flurry

    Flurry Guest

    Hello

    I'm fairly new to internet programming and have a strange problem. I
    was hoping someone could suggest possible causes.

    This is what I've done...

    1) I created a simple login aspx page that accepts a username and
    password. Once entererd, I search a SQL server username table for a
    country code that corresponds to to the username and password.
    2) I then use the following code...
    Context.Items.Add("CountryCode", countryCode)
    server.transfer("Page2.aspx")
    3) In page2.aspx I have te following code...
    sub Page_Load(sender as object, e as EventArgs)
    if not IsPostBack then
    countryCode = Context.Items("CountryCode")
    end if
    end sub

    I then query a database table based on the country code and display the
    results in a datagrid.

    This works fine most of the time. However, some people are getting
    server errors when they try to login. I'm not sure what the error is
    though.

    One point is that there would be a server error if the country code
    wasn't passed to page2.aspx as this page needs the code.

    People from various coutries around the world have tried logging in to
    this system. It works most of the time but some countries can't login.
    However, when they report the error, I have no problems logging in here
    in the UK.

    If anyone has any ideas or hints as to what might be wrong, please let
    me know...

    Many thanks....
    Flurry, Jul 28, 2006