range of characters?

Bud P. Bruegger

Hello,

I suppose there should be an elegant way of getting a range of characters
as in

range('A', 'Z')

Anyone knows how to do that? The best I thought of so far is something like
[chr(i) for i in range(ord('A'), ord('Z')+1)], but that seems overly verbose..

thanks
-bud

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D. (e-mail address removed)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati 0564-488 577 (voice)
Comune di Grosseto 0564- 21139 (fax)
Via Ginori, 43
58100 Grosseto

Collaborazione Comuni per la CIE http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/