Rate my page plssssssssss!

Aperio

Not here in central VA in the good USA! No cable, DSL or ISDN, there is
satellite but the costs are as high at the satellites themselves! We
were supposed to get BPL (Broadband over Power Line) this year, but been
delayed and looks like maybe a year or two off....

That is the reason I took off the autoplay on the sound file ;)

I am maleable. Give me time :)

Aperio

PeterMcC said:

You just can't give a two word answer and not elaborate. That wouldnt be
proper netiquette. Now, spill your guts! I want my page to be number one
on google :) lol
jk

Aperio

Aperio

Jake said:
(1)
You might want to consider replacing the alt text on the images with
alt="" as the alternative text you have --
[Anna Paquin.]
[Anna Paquin Wallpaper.]
[Anna Paquin One.] [Anna Paquin Two.] [Anna Paquin Three.]
[Anna Pacquin Four.] [Anna Paquin Five.]

Changed the annoying alt text.

Also, if someone wants to download the pictures, they will auto resize in
their image viewer. For the sake of my page, I just made them all the same
size.

PeterMcC

Aperio wrote in
You just can't give a two word answer and not elaborate. That
wouldnt be proper netiquette. Now, spill your guts! I want my page
to be number one on google :) lol

The web page that told you "that alt tags are like "Free Keywords' for the
Search Engines" lied. The search engines - or at least any that are worth
using and worrying about for optimisation - don't take any notice of alt
attributes unless they are applied to images used for links.

The alt attribute is intended to be an alternative to the image for those
who don't see the image.

It isn't intended to be a description of the image, it is intended to
perform the same function for the site visitor as would have been performed
had the image been visible.

If you have images as links, it would be sensible to use text in the alt
attribute that performs the above function and which also contains your
targeted keywords/phrases. Writing suitable text for both purposes is part
of the SEO craft.

For a variety of reasons from usability through to SEO, you're better off
using text for links and using the alt attribute for graphics as nature
intended.

dorayme

From: "Aperio said:
I hold no contempt. I just thot with the availability of broadband,
everyone would have it by now. I mean, the net has been around for quite a
while.

Fair enough. There are other worlds you may not be aware of. I
withdraw the remark about contempt. I admit there is no real
evidence of it. People still use bicycles even though cars have
been around for a while and film cameras and there are more
reasons than cost and even availability for such things. It's a
complicated world.

But... don't relax too much... if there is any evidence that you
look down on us mugs and schmucks on dialup, it will come up at
the gates of St Peter, it might make the difference between you
going up to the "Big Broadband Area" of heaven or down to the
hellish domain of dialup ...

dorayme

Mickey~

Aperio said:
I hold no contempt. I just thot with the availability of broadband,
everyone would have it by now. I mean, the net has been around for quite a
while.
Broadband is not available everywhere. FWIW, telephone is not available
everywhere. Signals on wireless leave a lot to be desired.