RDoc format

Brian Buckley

------=_Part_2914_2861504.1140273929737

Hello all,

One format of RDocs comes with a very useful [ show source ] link for each
method. Example (http://api.rubyonrails.com/ ). Another format of RDocs w=
often see does not provide those links. Here's an example (
http://corevx.com/bioruby/doc/) Far less useful.

How can one specify the RDoc format so that, for example, when one runs
gem_server the format of RDocs provided is the former?

Thanks.

Brian Buckley

------=_Part_2914_2861504.1140273929737--

David Vallner

D=C5=88a Sobota 18 Febru=C3=A1r 2006 15:45 Brian Buckley nap=C3=ADsal:
Hello all,

One format of RDocs comes with a very useful [ show source ] link for each
method. Example (http://api.rubyonrails.com/ ). Another format of RDocs
we often see does not provide those links. Here's an example (
http://corevx.com/bioruby/doc/) Far less useful.

How can one specify the RDoc format so that, for example, when one runs
gem_server the format of RDocs provided is the former?

Thanks.

Brian Buckley

Passing the -S or --inline-source option to RDoc does that. It has to be do=
ne=20
when the documentation is generated. The format is actually identical, just=
=20
the HTML templates and CSS is different, I think.

David Vallner