Re: Restart service - Terminal Services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Browne, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. David Browne

    David Browne Guest

    "Justin Rich" <12.nh.us.SPAM> wrote in message
    > Since i have my server in a remote location i cant ever be at the keys.
    > Every now and then i will get disconnected twice from terminal services

    and
    > will be locked out. This is a pain to deal with because they dont ever

    seem
    > to time out.
    > Is there a way i can write an ASP page that will allow me to kick the
    > disconnected sessions off or a way to just restart the terminal service so
    > that it removes those sessions?

    tsdiscon.exe will do this

    RUN
    tsdiscon 1 /SERVER:MYSERVER
    tsdiscon 2 /SERVER:MYSERVER

    To kick disconnect sessions 1 and 2. Be careful on XP you can disconnect
    your own session.

    David

    David Browne, Jun 25, 2003

  2. David Browne

    Justin Rich Guest

    Other then i cant list them (guess i dont need to) that works great..
    I will just enable telnet server.. and use that...
    the other day i ran in to a bit of a deadlock..
    i managed to screw up IIS which stopped all ASP scripts.. and i couldnt fix
    it.. cuz i couldnt use terminal server...
    so i think telnet will be my backup option..

    Thanks
    Justin

    "David Browne" <davidbaxterbrowne no potted > wrote in
    message news:...

    Justin Rich, Jun 25, 2003

  3. David Browne

    > Other then i cant list them (guess i dont need to) that works great..
    > I will just enable telnet server.. and use that...
    > the other day i ran in to a bit of a deadlock..
    > i managed to screw up IIS which stopped all ASP scripts.. and i couldnt

    fix
    > it.. cuz i couldnt use terminal server...
    > so i think telnet will be my backup option..

    You can just run it from ASPX like this

    Dim p As New System.Diagnostics.Process()
    p.StartInfo = New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo()
    p.StartInfo.FileName = "cmd.exe"
    p.StartInfo.Arguments = "/c c:\discon.cmd"
    p.Start()
    p.WaitForExit()

    David

    David Browne, Jun 25, 2003