Re-route to selected default page

paul reed

Hi,

I use standard form-based authentication. If they haven't logged on yet they
get routed to my logon page and all is well. Now, I want to implement a
usability feature that after logging in, will route them to their personally
selected default page.

Where should I do this, in the Page_Load event of the Default.aspx page?
What method does one call to reroute the request?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Fred Nelson

Paul:

You have several options available. I'm assuming that you are obtaining the
default page the user has selected from either a database or a cookie - also
you could create a session variable with this info contained.

You could check for the default page setting (whereever it comes from) and
route them to the desired default page in the page load event as you
indicated.

For example:

if not ispostback
if (logged in - however defined) and (default page defined)
response.redirect(mydefault)
end if
end if

Good Luck!

Fred Nelson

Paul:

Let me add to the prior post - if they login on the default page then you
would want to remove the

if not ispostback

endif

so they will be routed to their page