read a web directory

GenCode

What is the best way to read a "readable" web directory...

I know I can do this
Client.DownloadFile("http://www.mydomain.com/readabledir/", c:\
\dir.txt");

But that gives me the html and all the other tags...all I want is a
directory listing of all the *.gif in this dir and not all the html

Now I know I can parse the html to get the gif file names...but I
wanted to ask before I do this to see if I am overlooking something
that is already built into .NET

One thing..this is hitting a remote server so I cant use mappath...its
not one I own, just a public site I am trying to read infro from.

Thanks, Ed,

bruce barker

if the site supports ftp you can use it instead, else its parsing the
html (which is not standardized).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)