Read Email with ASP?

J Kruger

Hello,

Is there a way to read email messages with ASP without installing components?
And will it work with any email server, or just windows IIS?

Something that will work almost like Webmail.
But I just need to read the From, Subject and Body of the email.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Cochran

Is there a way to read email messages with ASP without installing components?

A qualified yes.
And will it work with any email server, or just windows IIS?

Anything normally. Most (okay, everyone I know of but there may be
odd ones) SMTP servers will have a text file for the message received,
as will most POP servers for at least some point in their process.
Reading a text file using FSO is trivial, and parsing for the proper
headers isn't that hard.
Something that will work almost like Webmail.

Why not use Webmail...?
But I just need to read the From, Subject and Body of the email.

This depends on your system, whether you're talking POP or SMTP, and
many other factors. Look on your system for the queue folder and look
at the files in it. You may need to program some sort of sink to grab
the files, or you may be able to simply read them at will.

Jeff