Read PerformanceCounter under Windows2000 screws scripting host

Henning Krause [MVP]

Hello,

I've created a simple website which instantiates a PerformanceCounter object
on any existing counter.
On the Page_Load() event I set a label to the value of the
performancecounter (via counter.NextValue()).

My testmachine is a Windows 2000 SP4, IE6 SP1, .NET Framework 1.1 SP 1.

When I open the Page, the Performance Counter value is displayes as
expected.

But now, the Scripting Host is somehow screwed up. No .vbs file can be
executed, the cscript.exe just blocks. Same with each following Internet
Explorer session containing client-side script. It will just hang.

Only a restart will bring back the scripting functionality.

On a Windows 2003 Server, this problem does not come up. Same with Windows
2000 SP4, IE 5.0 (Initial configuration of Windows).

Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Greetings,
Henning Krause [MVP]
Visit my website: http://www.infinitec.de