reading a file from OfficeLive

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by David Thielen, Jul 7, 2009.

  1. Hi;

    There does not appear to be an active forum anywhere for OfficeLive
    tech questions so I'm hoping someone here may know the answer to this.

    We have an Office AddIn and in it use the filename returned by the
    office app to read the file when generating a report. Word, Excel, &
    PowerPoint all have variations on this problem. Here is what occures
    with Excel:

    1. In OfficeLive the file is
    http://workspace.office.live.com/#davidwindward/Documents/DavidT -
    simple test.xlsx
    1. Requesting the file (1) above in a browser works!
    2. Reading the file (1) above using C# in our app returns
    an XLSX file that appears to be some javascript.

    2. Application.ActiveWorkbook.FullName returns
    http://davidwindward.workspace.office.live.com/Docs/DavidT - simple
    test.xlsx
    1. Requesting the file (2) above returns an error 505 if
    pasted in a browser.
    2. Reading the file (2) above in my C# code it returns
    an error 501 (not implemented).

    Note: we want to be able to read not just the Office files (which are
    our report templates) but also XML files as data files.

    I think when it is requested via OfficeLive it adds cookies named ANON
    and NAP.

    Any idea what is going on and what I can do?

    thanks - dave

    david@
    Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
    me -- http://dave.thielen.com