Reading a Microsoft access file.

infotechsys

I googled for the answer but all the answer seem to imply that you
have to have Access installed on your system. I have a file that was
created using Access and I want develop a Python script to
read the file and produce a report. Can this be done, if could you point
me to some doc?
Thanks.
Wayne

Karsten W.

You could access the file via the odbc interface. There is a module
odbc which comes with the windows package, iirc.

Regards,
Karsten.

Roger Upole

I googled for the answer but all the answer seem to imply that you
have to have Access installed on your system. I have a file that was
created using Access and I want develop a Python script to
read the file and produce a report. Can this be done, if could you point
me to some doc?
Thanks.
Wayne

Access is just a frontend for the Jet database engine.
You should be able to access the file via database API's
from any system that has the Jet database driver installed.
(which is practically all Windows systems anymore)

Roger