reading ADSI-content

t.schwenk

hi ng!

in our intranet i try to get the users full name from ADSI.
so i connect to a ad-provider with an enforced admin-logon
(see ms knowledge-base 'LoginAdmin.dll') like that:

Set objLogon = Server.CreateObject _
("LoginAdmin.ImpersonateUser")
objLogon.Logon "usernameAdmin", "pwd", "ourDomain"
Set objLDAP = GetObject("WinNT:")

now i connect to a user-object again with the same
authentication as in the connection to the provider:

Set objUser = objLDAP.OpenDSObject _
("WinNT://equsec/" & sUser, _
"usernameAdmin", "pwd", _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION)

now i want to read the property 'FullName' from the
objUser with

response.write objUser.FullName

and THAT produces an error: general access denied
(80070005).

well, i connected to the provider AND the user-object with
the very SAME admin-a/c... why can't i read the property
of the object, then??
how can i get there? the admin-a/c has all rights.

i'm totally at sea :-(

grateful for any help or hint!
thanks.

thilo

p.s.: please excuse my not providing any e-mail-address,
but due to increasing numbers of spam- and virus-mails in
my inbox i ask for your kind understanding.
thank you!