Reading controls within a table cell

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Damian, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Damian

    Damian Guest

    Hi !

    I am an ASP.NET Newbie.
    I have built a System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable dynamically
    and added rows and cells and added two text box controls to the two
    cells ( table is 3 columns wide for each row but first column has some
    text in it not a text box)
    I have two buttons added to the table as well (save and cancel )in the
    last row in two cells.
    I then bound the table with the form.

    I want to be able to read the contents of each row (i.e. the data in
    the two text boxes)in the click event as these two cells need to be
    updated in the database.

    How can i reference the table, then row then cell in the btnSave_Click
    event?
    I assume i need to do a for...each next loop but not sure what i
    should be looping through.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks
    Damian