Reading File in Applet

Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I been googling for quite a while for a solution and I turned up here a couple of times, so I thought I'd ask you for help.

I need to read a file named map1.dat, its a file filled with 0-9.

I've tested signing the .jar file and when I do I get either an error telling me the file can't be found or I get an error telling me :

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission map1.dat read)

I'm using FileInputStream/BufferedReader, and I've been trying different variations of InputStreams but it's the same no matter what I try. I read a whole line of 501 chars and then I put them in a string and use charAt(i) to read them as I want to, I do this on 31 lines.

I read that if I use a URL it should be fine but none of the I/O I'm using has a constructor for it, so I'm stuck.

I've tried InputStream/BufferedInputStream but I get very strange indata when I do(I haven't tried if it works on the web either).

To Clarify: The file works in javas own appletviewer but when I upload it to the net or run in a browser I get the errors.

Thanks in Advance, if something is unclear or if you want me to paste code just say so!