Reading frorm a remote Access database

Red Golpe

I've managed to read from a local database using only javascript and the DAO
ActiveX object, but I can't make it work with a remote database. When I
change the connection string from "C:\..." to "http://..." it doesn't work
any more. Any suggestion?

Red Golpe

"What does not kill you... makes you stronger"
Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg

La capovolta ambiguità di Orione
http://www.redgolpe.com

Martin Honnen

Red said:
I've managed to read from a local database using only javascript and the DAO
ActiveX object, but I can't make it work with a remote database. When I
change the connection string from "C:\..." to "http://..." it doesn't work
any more. Any suggestion?

I don't think MS Access can be used as a (remote) data base server, it
is file based so in that case it is not a problem you can solve, even if
you switch the programming language.
If you use J(ava)Script in a HTML page loaded in a browser and want to
have data submitted to an Access data base sitting on a remote host then
one way to do that is with ASP (active server pages) used on the remote
host, the browser submits the data via HTTP to the ASP page and the ASP
page (which can be scripted with JScript) talks to the local Access data
base.