    Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg

    La capovolta ambiguità di Orione
    http://www.redgolpe.com
    Red Golpe, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Red Golpe wrote:

    > I've managed to read from a local database using only javascript and the DAO
    > ActiveX object, but I can't make it work with a remote database. When I
    > change the connection string from "C:\..." to "http://..." it doesn't work
    > any more. Any suggestion?

    I don't think MS Access can be used as a (remote) data base server, it
    is file based so in that case it is not a problem you can solve, even if
    you switch the programming language.
    If you use J(ava)Script in a HTML page loaded in a browser and want to
    have data submitted to an Access data base sitting on a remote host then
    one way to do that is with ASP (active server pages) used on the remote
    host, the browser submits the data via HTTP to the ASP page and the ASP
    page (which can be scripted with JScript) talks to the local Access data
    base.
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/