Reading registry value

brian

I need some help. I have tried to look everywhere to get the answer but
I just don't understand. I need to read the following registry value:

Key: HKLM\software\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB913446
value: InstalledDate

I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. If someone could give
me the code to do this I think I could figure out how to read other
values. Thanks

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
I need some help. I have tried to look everywhere to get the answer

I am not sure if you looked hard enough or in the right places.
but I just don't understand.

It would help to explain what you don't understand.

If someone could give me the code to do this

Instead of other people to do your work for you.

CPAN is your friend:

http://search.cpan.org/~gsar/libwin32-0.191/TieRegistry/TieRegistry.pm

Sinan

brian

I am new to Perl so I don't understand the language that well at this
point. I am not trying to get someone else to do my work, as I will
have a ton more registry keys to read. I just wanted a sample script to
get me started. I work better when I have examples to go by.

Tad McClellan

I am not trying to get someone else to do my work,

Then show us what you have so far, and someone will help you fix it.

I just wanted a sample script to
get me started. I work better when I have examples to go by.

There are examples in the docs for the module that you have
been referred to, so what is the problem again?

If you are having trouble getting that example code to work,
then show us what you have so far, and someone will help you fix it.