reading the Global address list form exchange server

bobBaker

Does anybody know of a good way to get a list of emails from the corporate
exchange server from a corporate website?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9iQmFrZXI=?= wrote on 07 apr 2006 in
Does anybody know of a good way to get a list of emails from the
corporate exchange server from a corporate website?

Write a letter to that corporation asking them to send you such list?

Seriously, you should give us more info,
if your Q is pertinent to ASP coding.

bobBaker

I work for said company and I create applications on the company Intranet. I
am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global address list
(GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have used LDAP
in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of the
code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to identify the
email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.

Bob Baker

Tammy Wilborn

Bob,

Did you ever get the code to pull the Global Address List from the
Exchange Server into an ASP? I am also using LDAP but can't get it to
work.

tw

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Tammy said:
Bob,

Did you ever get the code to pull the Global Address List from the
Exchange Server into an ASP? I am also using LDAP but can't get it to
work.
Was this directed to me? I don't have the original message so I have no
idea what you are talking about.

Tammy Wilborn

This was your original message:

I work for said company and I create applications on the company
Intranet. I
am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global address
list
(GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have used
LDAP
in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of the
code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to identify
the
email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.

I am trying to do the same thing and can't get my code to work so I was
wondering if you ever received any examples.

P.S. This is the first time I have used this site so I don't know how
to reply to the "newsgroup". sorry.

tw

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Tammy said:
This was your original message:

I work for said company and I create applications on the company
Intranet

No, I never wrote anything like that ...
OK, I've googled and found the original thread. It was a different Bob.
. I
am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global
address list
(GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have
used LDAP
in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of
the code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to
identify the
email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.

I am trying to do the same thing and can't get my code to work so I
was wondering if you ever received any examples.

I've never done this in classic ASP so I have no examples. But Google
should get you plenty:
http://www.google.com/search?source...LH,GGLH:1969-53,GGLH:en&q=vbscript+ldap+query
P.S. This is the first time I have used this site so I don't know how
to reply to the "newsgroup". sorry.
Can't help you there. Doesn't the site have a Help button or a FAQ?

Better yet: stop using the site. Use a newsreader such as Outlook
Express or Agent to subscribe to these newsgroups.

Tammy Wilborn

You didn't answer the original question. Do you not know!!! I do not
need you to tell me to stop using the site!

tw

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Tammy said:
You didn't answer the original question. Do you not know!!!
http://www.google.com/search?source...LH,GGLH:1969-53,GGLH:en&q=vbscript+ldap+query

Sorry, but that's the best answer I'm able to give. Maybe someone else
will step in if this is not sufficient.
I do not
need you to tell me to stop using the site!

Well, you certainly need some lessons in netiquette. We are not a paid
support desk here: we are users who attempt to help each other out. It's
not considered good form to complain about advice that is freely given.

I stand by my advice to unsubscribe from developersdex.

Tammy Wilborn

no, you need lessions in etiquette. I asked you a simple question and
your answer to me was to unsubscribe to the web site. I know this is
not a paid web site and if you can't be nice, you should not reply!!!!

tw

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Tammy said:
no, you need lessions in etiquette. I asked you a simple question and
your answer to me was to unsubscribe to the web site.

Excuse me??? That was not the only answer I gave you. I took the time to
do a google search that provided the answer to your question for you and
posted the search result. But I see no thanks for that: only complaints.
That is what I meant about netiquette. People who make an attempt to
help you should be thanked, not scolded.
I know this is
not a paid web site and if you can't be nice, you should not reply!!!!

I offered what I considered (and still consider) to be good advice. Just
because you don't like the advice does not mean I'm offering it to be
mean. I sincerely believe that you would be better off deleting
developersdex from your bookmarks and use a real newsreader to view
these groups. I'm not being mean to you when I say that (perhaps the
developersdex operators would be offended, but i don't care): I'm saying
it because I think it's good advice that you should take.

Bob Barrows
PS. is the problem that you are not reading my entire reply? Start from
the very top of my previous replies and read them all the way through.
Don't just read the final paragraph.