    bobBaker Guest

    Does anybody know of a good way to get a list of emails from the corporate
    exchange server from a corporate website?

    bobBaker, Apr 7, 2006

  2. bobBaker

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iQmFrZXI=?= wrote on 07 apr 2006 in
    > Does anybody know of a good way to get a list of emails from the
    > corporate exchange server from a corporate website?

    Write a letter to that corporation asking them to send you such list?

    Seriously, you should give us more info,
    if your Q is pertinent to ASP coding.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Apr 7, 2006

  3. bobBaker

    bobBaker Guest

    I work for said company and I create applications on the company Intranet. I
    am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global address list
    (GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have used LDAP
    in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of the
    code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to identify the
    email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.

    Bob Baker

    bobBaker, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Bob,

    Did you ever get the code to pull the Global Address List from the
    Exchange Server into an ASP? I am also using LDAP but can't get it to
    work.

    tw

    Tammy Wilborn, Sep 20, 2006
  5. Tammy Wilborn wrote:
    > Bob,
    >
    > Did you ever get the code to pull the Global Address List from the
    > Exchange Server into an ASP? I am also using LDAP but can't get it to
    > work.

    Was this directed to me? I don't have the original message so I have no
    idea what you are talking about.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 20, 2006
  6. This was your original message:

    I work for said company and I create applications on the company
    Intranet. I
    am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global address
    list
    (GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have used
    LDAP
    in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of the
    code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to identify
    the
    email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.

    I am trying to do the same thing and can't get my code to work so I was
    wondering if you ever received any examples.

    P.S. This is the first time I have used this site so I don't know how
    to reply to the "newsgroup". sorry.

    tw

    Tammy Wilborn, Sep 20, 2006
  7. Tammy Wilborn wrote:
    > This was your original message:
    >
    > I work for said company and I create applications on the company
    > Intranet

    No, I never wrote anything like that ...
    OK, I've googled and found the original thread. It was a different Bob.

    >. I
    > am looking for a code example that uses asp to access the global
    > address list
    > (GAL) to return a list of email addresses for all accounts. I have
    > used LDAP
    > in the past to generate such a list but no longer have an example of
    > the code. If anyone knows of good examples that use AD or LDAP to
    > identify the
    > email addresses of exchange users I am intrested in looking at them.
    >
    > I am trying to do the same thing and can't get my code to work so I
    > was wondering if you ever received any examples.

    I've never done this in classic ASP so I have no examples. But Google
    should get you plenty:
    http://www.google.com/search?source...LH,GGLH:1969-53,GGLH:en&q=vbscript ldap query

    > P.S. This is the first time I have used this site so I don't know how
    > to reply to the "newsgroup". sorry.

    Can't help you there. Doesn't the site have a Help button or a FAQ?

    Better yet: stop using the site. Use a newsreader such as Outlook
    Express or Agent to subscribe to these newsgroups.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 21, 2006
  8. You didn't answer the original question. Do you not know!!! I do not
    need you to tell me to stop using the site!

    tw

    Tammy Wilborn, Sep 21, 2006

    Huh? Can't you read? Here is what I wrote:

    >> I've never done this in classic ASP so I have no examples. But Google
    >> should get you plenty:

    http://www.google.com/search?source...LH,GGLH:1969-53,GGLH:en&q=vbscript ldap query

    Sorry, but that's the best answer I'm able to give. Maybe someone else
    will step in if this is not sufficient.

    > I do not
    > need you to tell me to stop using the site!

    Well, you certainly need some lessons in netiquette. We are not a paid
    support desk here: we are users who attempt to help each other out. It's
    not considered good form to complain about advice that is freely given.

    I stand by my advice to unsubscribe from developersdex.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 21, 2006
  10. no, you need lessions in etiquette. I asked you a simple question and
    your answer to me was to unsubscribe to the web site. I know this is
    not a paid web site and if you can't be nice, you should not reply!!!!

    tw

    Tammy Wilborn, Sep 21, 2006
  11. Tammy Wilborn wrote:
    > no, you need lessions in etiquette. I asked you a simple question and
    > your answer to me was to unsubscribe to the web site.

    Excuse me??? That was not the only answer I gave you. I took the time to
    do a google search that provided the answer to your question for you and
    posted the search result. But I see no thanks for that: only complaints.
    That is what I meant about netiquette. People who make an attempt to
    help you should be thanked, not scolded.

    > I know this is
    > not a paid web site and if you can't be nice, you should not reply!!!!

    I offered what I considered (and still consider) to be good advice. Just
    because you don't like the advice does not mean I'm offering it to be
    mean. I sincerely believe that you would be better off deleting
    developersdex from your bookmarks and use a real newsreader to view
    these groups. I'm not being mean to you when I say that (perhaps the
    developersdex operators would be offended, but i don't care): I'm saying
    it because I think it's good advice that you should take.

    Bob Barrows
    PS. is the problem that you are not reading my entire reply? Start from
    the very top of my previous replies and read them all the way through.
    Don't just read the final paragraph.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 21, 2006