reading the session inside a Dll project using asp.net 1.1

Loui Mercieca

Hi,

I have 2 web projects in asp.net 1.1. They are 2 different applications but
have some common processing. I would like to create a dll file which takes
care of all my logic and so centralizing the proccessing. The problem is,
how i can access the session inside classes in a class library project.

Thanks

Karl Seguin

Make sure System.Web is referenced and use HttpContext.Current.Session

Problem is, if you are building a multi-tiered system, you're dll is now
linked to your presentation layer (atleast in this case).

Karl

prabhupr

Hi Loui, Karl

Note -- For ASP.NET 1.1, in the past we had encountered problems where
we were loosing session values (we had clustered though).
Also if the application needs to be moved to seperate boxes (for any
reason) you might end up testing / writing additional code.
We resolved this issue by moving all session information to a single DB
repository

Thanks
PP