ReadOnly Mode for WebForms

Patrick Spieler

hello

is there an easy way to set the whole aspx-webform in a read-only mode?

i'm thinking about a generic solution via basepage which replace the
controls
on the fly (dropdown with label/literal) etc

ideas?

regards
pat

Scott M.

Not that I'm aware of, but you should easily be able to disable any controls
you want.

Rimu Atkinson

just off the top of my head, no idea if this will work.... you may need a
more sophisticated way to get to all the controls on the page.....

dim x as control

for each x in page.controls
try
x.readonly = true
catch
'do nothing. that control mustn't support readonly or something
end try
next