real random

William Hughes

What about people who confuse "billion" and "billion"? Those are even
easier to mix up.  :)

What's to confuse. Billion = 10^9 (anything else
is wrong. And corn can be as high as an elephant's eye).

- William Hughes

Bill Cunningham

5) reinstate the authority of teachers to maintain discipline over
their classes, and parents over their children (without, of course,
proclaiming open season on kids).

That's exactly what would happen Richard. Open season on the kids. Here
in the US there is a disiplinary system over the kids but I have yet to see
one over the teachers. When I went to school teachers throwed things and
spent more time raising kids than the parents and you had better learn quick
enough if you didn't want a dent in you head. Disabilities or not.

I am for the US joining the commonwealth of nations though.

I'm done. :)

Bill

Richard Bos

Chris H said:
In message <[email protected]>, jacob navia <[email protected]>

That is a false assumption I wanted Palin/McCain because it would help
isolate the US even more and hopefully scare the EU into actually
working together more. It would also split the UK from the US.

Why? Whoever is the new Viceroy of Airstrip One, he's certainly going to
follow a neo-Con, Thatcherist policy on many points.
Obama is more intelligent than Keighley, Bush & Palin put together.

You may add Gordon Broon and The Boy Cameron, as well.
Also his Forigen Secretary is very clever. She has the brains to stop
the EU organising itself better, by dividing opinion.

After all, she's been President herself already.

Richard

Bill Cunningham

Richard Bos said:
Why? Whoever is the new Viceroy of Airstrip One, he's certainly going to
follow a neo-Con, Thatcherist policy on many points.

Obama is a lunatic. The thing about him is that you can't believe a word
he says ever.

Tim Rentsch

Keith Thompson said:
Hmm. If there's a piece of hardware somewhere in the universe that
*doesn't* involve involves quantum-mechanical behavior, I'd like to
see it.

If you could see it, it would necessarily involve
quantum-mechanical behavior: QED.

(I think I know what the original statement meant, but it's too early
in the morning to figure out how to restate it accurately.)

Hardware whose behavior matches what's predicted
by the pre-QM ("classical") approximations.