Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Sehboo

I posted this in another newsgroup but haven't received the answer, so
I am trying my luck here as well.

My database is running on a seperate machine and my connection string
is
"user id=cc;data source=Custom;initial catalog=Dev;password=cc". I
backed and restored the database on my local machine and changed the
connection string to this: "user id=cc;data source=(local);initial
catalog=Dev;password=cc".

But now when I run my asp.net application, I get this error:
Login failed for user 'cc'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.

Can somebody please tell me what I need to do?

thanks

Juan T. Llibre

Is the new box's Sql Server using Integrated Windows authentication ?

If it is, you'll have to change it to use both Windows and SQL Server authentication,
if you want SQL server users who are not Windows accounts to have access.

You could also create a"cc" user in the Windows box (and not change the authentication method).
I prefer to use SQL Server authentication, instead of Windows authentication, though.

To change the authentication mewthod, open the Enterprise Manager,
highlight your server, right-click and select "Properties".

Then, open the Security tab.