reassigning variable

biswaranjan.rath

Can i do something like this:

<xsl:variable name="varMaxDiffId">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$varMaxDiffId == 'NULL'">
<xsl:value-of select="-1"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="$varMaxDiffId < @unique_diff_id">
<xsl:value-of select="@unique_diff_id"/>
</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

Please suggest some solution. I want to find out maximum unique_diff_id
from the document.

Thanks,
Biswaranjan

Ian Collins

biswaranjan.rath said:
Can i do something like this:

<xsl:variable name="varMaxDiffId">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$varMaxDiffId == 'NULL'">
<xsl:value-of select="-1"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="$varMaxDiffId < @unique_diff_id">
<xsl:value-of select="@unique_diff_id"/>
</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

Please suggest some solution. I want to find out maximum unique_diff_id
from the document.
I think you've come in the wrong door! This is a JavaScript group....

VK

Ian said:
I think you've come in the wrong door! This is a JavaScript group....

Yeh... XPath is not a ECMAScript implementation.
<comp.text.xml> would be the most appropriate IMHO.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK said:
Yeh... XPath is not a ECMAScript implementation.

But there is ECMAScript language binding for XSL, including XPath,
implemented in current UAs. So the OP may not be completely off topic,
and he could elaborate on what he is up to, to have this determined.
<comp.text.xml> would be the most appropriate IMHO.

Probably.

PointedEars