    the display to my desktop workstation.

    Any recommendations?

    , May 10, 2005

  2. On 2005-05-10, scribbled these
    curious markings:
    > Any recommendations for a simple Perl IDE for X11?

    GVIM with the tags script that comes with vim
    ( /usr/local/share/vim/vim63/tools/pltags.pl ) works wonderfully.
    There's also a bit of code documented in a vim tip (
    http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=450 ) which I've found to be
    absolutely invaluable. And there's also
    http://mamchenkov.net/wordpress/2004/05/10/vim-for-perl-developers/ and
    http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=257782 . These links should
    probably go into the FAQ.

    Best Regards,
    Christopher Nehren
    If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God".

    Christopher Nehren, May 11, 2005

  3. Anno Siegel Guest

    Christopher Nehren <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > On 2005-05-10, scribbled these
    > curious markings:
    > > Any recommendations for a simple Perl IDE for X11?

    > GVIM with the tags script that comes with vim
    > ( /usr/local/share/vim/vim63/tools/pltags.pl ) works wonderfully.

    An alternative to .../pltags.pl is the module Vi::QuickFix (on CPAN).
    Both allow Vim to jump directly to error locations that were output
    by Perl.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, May 12, 2005
  4. On 2005-05-11, Christopher Nehren scribbled these
    curious markings:
    > GVIM with the tags script that comes with vim
    > ( /usr/local/share/vim/vim63/tools/pltags.pl ) works wonderfully.

    Uhm ... replace that with your path to your vim installation. Thanks to
    Anno Siegel for indirectly pointing it out to me.

    Christopher Nehren, May 12, 2005