recommended libraries for B-trees / linked lists / sort etc . . .

Discussion in 'Java' started by nntpman68, Mar 10, 2008.

  1. nntpman68

    nntpman68 Guest

    Hi,

    I'd like to write an applet, which will create many objects (all of the
    same type) , which can be identified by two integers X and Y.

    At a later moment I'd like to retrieve the previously created /
    calculated object by specifying it's X and Y value.

    I think, that a B-tree might be the right data structure for storing my
    data, as I will continiously add / search / remove elements.

    Instead of implementing one more version of a B-Tree or a similiar
    structure I wanted to know whether there are already good open source
    libraries, that implement such data structures (B-Tree / linked list /
    hash / sort )

    thanks a lot for any pointers

    nntpman68, Mar 10, 2008

  2. nntpman68

    Mark Space Guest

    Re: recommended libraries for B-trees / linked lists / sort etc .. .

    nntpman68 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to write an applet, which will create many objects (all of the
    > same type) , which can be identified by two integers X and Y.
    >

    > At a later moment I'd like to retrieve the previously created /
    > calculated object by specifying it's X and Y value.

    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/collections/index.html>

    Specifically TreeSet and TreeMap:

    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/collections/index.html>

    But ultimately you might find HashMap/HashSet gives better performance.
    Mark Space, Mar 10, 2008

  3. nntpman68

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:58:27 +0100, nntpman68 <>

    >Instead of implementing one more version of a B-Tree or a similiar
    >structure I wanted to know whether there are already good open source
    >libraries, that implement such data structures (B-Tree / linked list /
    >hash / sort )

    Sun collections include

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/hashmap.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sort.html