    Any alternatives?

    Thanks.
    Bin

    Bin Chen, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Bin Chen wrote:
    >I am seeking how to record sound in web pages. I know java applet is
    >very powerful, but google tell me if i want to record audio from web
    >page, i need to have a certification. Because they scare if somebody
    >place a hidden applet in a web page then all of the sound in user's
    >room will be recorded.

    With good reason.

    Sign the code, then convince the visitor to
    accept the digitally signed code that can
    eavesdrop on them.

    As an aside.
    What does this code *offer* to the end user?

    If I were your end-user, what compelling
    'must have' ability does it offer that would
    convince me to allow you to eavesdrop
    on the sounds going through my PC?

    Note that I *have* actually asked users to
    trust code that allows my web start app. to
    'listen in' to the system sound - but the reason
    I offer is quite cute (though trivial) and compelling.
    The software offers a pretty visual trace of the
    sound, an oscilloscope*.

    Of course, the average end user** has to trust that
    the code is not doing anything more than displaying
    the sound back to them - if they do not trust me, the
    'game is over' before the app. ever launches.

    * <http://www.physci.org/sound/audiotrace.html>

    ** A web savvy and experienced Java developer
    could check and confirm it.

    >Any alternatives?

    Hopefully not.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Bin Chen

    Roedy Green Guest

    >I am seeking how to record sound in web pages. I know java applet is
    >very powerful, but google tell me if i want to record audio from web
    >page, i need to have a certification. Because they scare if somebody
    >place a hidden applet in a web page then all of the sound in user's
    >room will be recorded.

    Just signing. It is not that difficult. You can even use a phony
    certificate. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Bin Chen

    Dunstann

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, if you have a certification, although I don't know what the certification is, you could record audio from websites directly while you are playing sound on webpages.

    Dunstann, Sep 15, 2011