recordcount in repeater - revisit

Itzik k.

hey

i guess millions asked this question.
i found no good answer.
i am using a repeater to show resutls of a search.
i want to show how much records have been found.
how can i do that?

well, i understand it is a forward only, so i can get a value from the
object,
so how can i do it in a different way?
i try to call to a method:
<asp:Repeater id="rptResults" runat="server">
<ItemTemplate>
<% saveRecCount() %>
..
..

but the it counts only after it renedered or something like that,
becouse it didn't updated in my page_load routine which there i wrote
something like:
lblCountResults.InnerText = "found " & global_param & " results".

thank you for your patient.