    what the problem may be?

    thanks
    , Mar 26, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > hi. i've created a simple web app that allows users to enter in
    > information about a project in a web form and save that information to
    > a database (Access). After a user enters in all the information, she
    > can click on a link to go to an index.asp page that displays all the
    > projects that have been added.
    >
    > the problem i'm having occurs after the user enters in all their
    > project information. when the user goes to the index page, the index
    > page is suppposed to retrieve all records and display them, but it
    > doesn't. even after hitting the Refresh button in the browser, it
    > won't display the latest project that the user just entered. however,
    > if i add a second project and then go back to the index page, it will
    > work fine and display both the first and second projects. so, it's
    > like the first project won't be displayed until i enter in another
    > project after it (like the first project is stuck). does anyone know
    > what the problem may be?

    It sounds like you're butting heads with the Jet optimization feature
    called "delayed-write caching". See here how to deal with it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240317
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200300

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 26, 2007

    yes, i'm opening and closing all my connections.

    thank you all for your feedback!
    , Mar 29, 2007