Redirect Problem in IE

Ray

I have a function which accepts a page name and ID and redirects the
user to the specified page. The function works in Netscape and Firefox
but IE. The code I am using is;

function displayPage(page,id)
{
/*
alert("Page: "+page)
alert("ID: "+id)
*/

// Set the cookie so the truck page knows which truck to display...
expireDate = new Date;
document.cookie="Truck="+id+";expires="+expireDate;

// Display the page...
window.location.href=page;
return false;
}

I have used various combinations of the location method including;
window.location=page;
window.location.href=page;
window.navigate=page;
document.location=page;
document.location.href=page;
location=page;
location.href=page;

Can anyone help?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ray said:
function displayPage(page,id)
{
/*
alert("Page: "+page)
alert("ID: "+id)
*/

// Set the cookie so the truck page knows which truck to display...
expireDate = new Date;
document.cookie="Truck="+id+";expires="+expireDate;

// Display the page...
window.location.href=page;
return false;
}

I have used various combinations of the location method including;
window.location=page;
window.location.href=page;
window.navigate=page;
document.location=page;
document.location.href=page;
location=page;
location.href=page;

Whether that approach is applicable depends on how you call displayPage().
If `page' is a URL reference to another second-level domain, it cannot not
work: you can only read and set cookies for the same second-level domain or
the same host address due to security precautions.

PointedEars