Redirect to a authenticated area ...

giodo

Hi ALL

When we try to get an access to a secure content in a IIS with "Basic
Authentication" IE shows a dialog box to set user ID and pass. After
that IE (any browser) adds a special HTTPHeader for each request:

Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==

where QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ== is Base64("userID:pass")

I'm wondering how to add this HTTPHeader using ASP (on the server
site)
or by any scripting language (like JScript VBScript on the client site
in a browser)
by myself, without asking a user about ID and pass.

Scenario:

page01.aspx (anonymouse access)
page02.aspx (Basic Authentication)

User is calling page01.aspx and then is automatically redirecting to
page02.aspx without writing any password.

Application will run on: ASP.NET 2.0, IIS 5
Client browsers >= IE 6.0

I'll really appreciate any help.

gioodo

Mark T