    for GUI.

    Thanks,

    Michael
    Michael McGarry, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Michael McGarry

    Michael Fuhr Guest

    Michael McGarry <> writes:

    > How do I redirect stdin, stdout and stderr to a window? I am using Qt
    > for GUI.

    I don't know what specific mechanisms Qt provides, but the general
    solution is to write a class that implements I/O methods like read,
    readline, and write, and assign instances of that method to the
    input and output filehandles. For example, you could write a class
    with a write() method that displays text in a window, then assign
    an instance of that class to sys.stdout. Subsequent calls to 'print'
    would send output to the window.

    --
    Michael Fuhr
    http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/