    Can anyone suggest a way for an ASP page to "visit" or read another html
    page by URL and display it without any hyperlinks. That is to strip-out any
    A HREF tags basically, would that be the way to go about it?

    JPElectron, May 2, 2004

  2. Use XMLHTTP (see http://www.aspfaq.com/2173) but replace "<a" with "<!--a"
    before you display the bodytext.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP
    http://www.aspfaq.com/

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], May 2, 2004

  3. JPElectron

    JPElectron Guest

    Thanks very much, but I think this it not working cause the page I want to
    get is not on port 80 but 8081, or because the page URL contains a "?"

    For example: http://srvr1.someurl.com:8081/em?stat_list_4032BA3100000000

    Is there a way arround this, or can someone suggest something else. -
    Thanks very much for your help!

    JPElectron, May 2, 2004
  4. What the heck does "this it not working" mean? Could you be a bit more
    specific, please?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], May 2, 2004
  5. JPElectron

    JPElectron Guest

    When using my URL: (specifiying a port and ?)
    http://srvr1.someurl.com:8081/em?stat_list_4032BA3100000000

    I get "Url not found" displayed.

    When using a URL like http://www.aol.com or http://www.microsoft.com it
    works correctly. The only thing I can think of is XMLHTTP only retrieves
    content on the normal WWW port 80 or can't handel ? in the URL ???

    Sorry I was not more specific.

    JPElectron, May 2, 2004