redisplaying content of a 'textarea' on a form after an error

Sharon Lee

I can't get the textarea of a form to redisplay if there has been an
error in another field.

I am using this code:

cols="45" rows="10"></textarea></td>

I have checked the content of $contactmessage before this code and the
content is there. (I am using php)

Can anyone see what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Leif K-Brooks

Sharon said:
I can't get the textarea of a form to redisplay if there has been an
error in another field.

cols="45" rows="10"></textarea></td>

<textarea name="contactmessage" cols="45"
rows="10">$contactmessage</textarea>

Fredo Vincentis

Sharon Lee said:
I can't get the textarea of a form to redisplay if there has been an
error in another field.

I am using this code:

cols="45" rows="10"></textarea></td>
<textarea> tag hasn't got a value attribute. You have to do this: