Refactoring Scripts

Tegiri Nenashi

I can't really make any sence of refactoring scripts in eclipse. Each
and every refactoring action is unique: it is applied to a particular
source file, for example, "extract procedure", and can't be applied to
anywhere else. So what is the point of recording your refactoring
actions, if they have zero generality?

BTW, I'm pretty conservative on refactoring use. I only leverage three
methods:
* extract procedure 90% of the time
* rename variable 9% of the time
* extract local variable 0.9% of the time
Anybody, with a different wider perspective?