Reference Type

red floyd

 From a philosophical point of view one might say that C++ references are like
quantum wavefunctions.

Logic dictates that they're there, and it's no big deal to create one, or copy one.

However, try to get hold of one in the "raw" state and it's a slippery beast indeed.

So... we know that code often exhibits "Heisenbugs", which go away
when you look at them.
Does your analogy mean that Schroedinger's Code exhibits undefined
behavior until we look
at it?

Alf P. Steinbach

* red floyd:
So... we know that code often exhibits "Heisenbugs", which go away
when you look at them.
Does your analogy mean that Schroedinger's Code exhibits undefined
behavior until we look at it?

Schroedinger's Code was collapsed via a single click in the left margin in
Visual Studio's Live Code editor.

Since then nobody's bothered to look at it, and it may or may not have been
migrated to the Dead Code repository, or a little of both.

And yes, that's probably the source of all this weird behavior...

Cheers,

- Alf

Andrey Tarasevich

Alf said:
Schroedinger's Code was collapsed via a single click in the left margin
in Visual Studio's Live Code editor.

Since then nobody's bothered to look at it, and it may or may not have
been migrated to the Dead Code repository, or a little of both.

And yes, that's probably the source of all this weird behavior...

Er... My code's name is Mittens.