Referencing UserControl on a master page when using a Base class for all pages

Discussion in '.NET' started by SMH, May 7, 2009.

  1. SMH

    SMH

    Joined:
    May 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi All,

    I'm rather stuck on this one!

    Setup is as follows:

    - MasterPage contains a UserControl, which has some public properties.
    - I want to set the properties from my base class, which all my pages derive from

    To complicate matters further, I will need to use multiple master pages for the site (braqnding depends on the logged in user).

    I started off using Page.Master.FindControl("NameOfUserControl") but then what type is the control? My baseclass page, and indeed the pages are not aware of the CustomControl on the page or its type.

    Any advice much appreciated!

    Tar,
    Simon.

    SMH, May 7, 2009