Referencing XSD Schema in XSLT

Vijay

I had a following xslt :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" >

</xsl:stylesheet>

and then I referenced a XSD in xsl:stylesheet element as follows :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
C:\FOP-SRC\fop-0.20.5\src\foschema\fop.xsd">

</xsl:stylesheet>

When I validated this in XML spy it gives me following error :

"The file is not valid: The element declaration was not found for root
element 'xsl:stylesheet'"

Can anybody see the problem?

Regards
Vijay

Vijay

Richard said:
This should probably be xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform".

xsi:schemaLocation maps namespace names to URIs, not filenames. Try
something like file://C:/FOP-SRC/fop-0.20.5/src/foschema/fop.xsd.

-- Richard

Thanks Richard, I tired all of above, but XML Spy complains as before
about <xsl:stylesheet> element. I was just wondering if it is legal to
have xsd reference in xsl:stylesheet element

Martin Honnen

Vijay said:
but XML Spy complains as before
about <xsl:stylesheet> element. I was just wondering if it is legal to
have xsd reference in xsl:stylesheet element

Well you need a schema then defines the elements in the XSLT namespace
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform and that then manages to allow the
literal result elements such a stylesheet can have.
And in your original post you had

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"

where I assume you want

Vijay