    to my site? (Something called referrer id/ip)

    Thanks in advance..

    Evrim
    M. Evrim Demir, Jul 19, 2003

  2. M. Evrim Demir

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brian Staff <brianstaff@[NoSpam]
    compuserve.com> writing in news:VA.00000237.009925b5@bstaffw2k:

    > request.servervariables("http_referer")
    >
    > it does always contain anything, especially if they typed in your URL
    >
    > Brian

    Also a good idea to include that in the logs for later analysis. With that
    information being logged, you will also be able to see what search
    phrases/keywords people are using to reach your site.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
    I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
    date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
    (http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
    links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
    page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
    can I solve this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Evrim
    M. Evrim Demir, Jul 19, 2003
  4. M. Evrim Demir

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (M. Evrim Demir)
    writing in news::

    > Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
    > I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
    > date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
    > (http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
    > links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
    > page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
    > can I solve this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Evrim

    What error did it give you?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Jul 19, 2003
  5. It was something like "Internal Server Error 500"

    M. Evrim Demir, Jul 19, 2003