refresh

Mike

oh my pages i have an option to allow user to refresh and a text box for
them to enter in 10, 20 , 4 and i break it down to seconds. but then the
page actaully refreshs the data is not refreshing so when the data in the
database is updated the user is not seeing unless the close the browser down
and go page to the page. Even F5 of the IE refresh button is not truly
refreshing the page. how can i get the page to refresh and get the latest
data from the database without closing the browser and going back to the
page?

Joerg Jooss

Mike said:
oh my pages i have an option to allow user to refresh and a text box
for them to enter in 10, 20 , 4 and i break it down to seconds. but
then the page actaully refreshs the data is not refreshing so when
the data in the database is updated the user is not seeing unless the
close the browser down and go page to the page. Even F5 of the IE
refresh button is not truly refreshing the page. how can i get the
page to refresh and get the latest data from the database without
closing the browser and going back to the page?

It seems IE caches your pages blindly. Use HttpResponse.Cache and
HttpResponse.CacheControl to disable all caching for your pages, and make
sure that IE isn't accidentally configured to never reload a previously
visited page.

Cheers,

Eliyahu Goldin

You can refresh easily if you code everything correctly. Likely there is a
problem in your client- and/or server-side code.

Eliyahu